Announcement Beta Season

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aventon, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Aventon

Aventon Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Please read this thread carefully, this new system is changing how IntenseRaids is going to work for the beta season.

Originally we were going to have the beta season for 1 week only, but due to high demand (32+ applications) and counting, we are planning to have a beta season. To accumulate a larger player base, a huge server release, and a bug free season, we are doing a beta season on IntenseRaids.

How will we gain “beta” access?
    1. You can submit an application here. We will accept up to 10 beta members every single day, so be patients.

2. If you want to skip the application access, you can buy a beta pass here. It’s currently $4.99 for the first week, $9.99 for the second week, and $14.99 once we hit our third week.

3. Share our twitter status for a chance to win. We will pick one twitter winner every day.

4. Enter our whitelist giveaway on gleam here.

What’s so special about “beta” access?

1. You will receive a special tag on all of our communication platforms (Discord, in-game, website, etc.)

2. Before the full release, you are already knowledgeable on IntenseRaids. During beta, you will have access to all the new pvp events, new items, new economy changes, and anything that will give you a head start for the next map.

3. You will join a community that is dedicated to factions. We mainly recruit people that are competitive in the factions gamemode who will help improve our server and take apart of the community. Many of these hand-picked “beta” testers are usually involved in massive raiding, pvping, farming, and base building.

Factions Top Prizes for Beta:
    1st week:
    1. $25 Paypal
    2. $20 buycraft
    3. $10 buycraft

2nd week:
    1. $30 Paypal
    2. $25 Buycraft
    3. $15 Buycraft

more information as season goes on.

Special conditions for beta season:
    1. Border will expand by either 250 blocks or 500 blocks at the end of every week.
    2. Only the normal world is enabled, nether and end will be disabled until our player base enlarges.
    3. PvP related events EVERY single weekend. (Base Raids, Tournaments, Scavenger Hunts, Capture the Flag, etc.)

Factions Settings:
    1. 100 power per player.
    2. 10 player factions
    3. 7 days of inactivity you will be kicked out of faction.
    4. 1 ally per faction.
    5. 1 corner by faction.

I hope to see everyone for the beta season. We are slowly recruiting more members to IntenseRaids.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    #1 Aventon, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Wuta

Wuta Member
    Beta

This is a bad idea and here’s why:
    1. People who were on the first day got those trench picks and keys and all that, the people who now get on the map don’t have that advantage which is unfair.
    2. Border size. Border size is 2k2k and war zone is half that. There will not be enough room on the map.
    3. No one was told this ahead of time so no one was actually ready for a new season.
    4. I know at least 3 people who were going to donate for the next map. Since they have trenches already they don’t need to buy anymore stuff so your losing out in donations.
    5. It seems like if your advertising your server and only 10 people can join a day that actually know about this, all new players that are just hearing about the server won’t be able to get on.
    6. About number 1, people will say “ oh they can just buy a pass off the store for $5.” That’s pretty much paying just to play on the server which makes it p2w already.
    7. This should have only been a 5 day map just to find exploits, dupes and glitches. The f top was lowered for this map and if it was only the 5 Days this would be a nice competition.

This concludes just the thing I know off the top of my head hopefully you read this all and rethink your action. ~Wuta

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Aventon

Aventon Owner
    Staff Member Owner

We're going to be have a beta season no matter what. If you don't believe in beta you can wait until full release which may be near Christmas or New Years.

You're telling me that I'm missing out on donations and that's perfectly true. This beta season isn't meant to bring in any revenue at all, I'm sacrificing money so I can test everything out before I can fully release. If I was to maximize donations I would have released the server no matter how many bugs there are and just collect all the money from trenches. Instead, I gave out multiple trenches so people wouldn't have to buy it.

The border will expand 500-1000 every week. It gives a disadvantage to old players and also gives new players an advantage. This is called beta for a reason, there will be many bugs, resets, and unfair advantages along the way. It's not for everyone.

If you think paying for a beta pass is pay to win, you clearly have no idea what that means. The more appriopriate term is pay to play. It's for people that want to skip the application phase and it also helps out the server in the minimum.

Again, if you don't want to test beta, I can gladly remove you until the full release.

I'm not hosting IntenseRaids for profit, I want to create something near perfect for factions and I want to invite players that care about finding out bugs before we reset.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Wuta

Wuta Member
    Beta

People are already agreeing that this map would be so much fun if it only last for 5 Days like it was supposed to. This would make it so lit

5. cyberking1998

cyberking1998 New Member
    Beta

You are saying you will be expanding the border by 500 - 1000 blocks each week. I've donated £50 yes p2w ;) But i have just built my base and now being told this? Why didn't you just set it 5k by 5k at the start of the map now people with corner bases will have a chance of being over claimed. Plus people have that access to Beta need to play beta I agree with Wuta!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. cyberking1998

cyberking1998 New Member
    Beta

Plus hours of worked wasted for you just to move the border back 5-10chuncks a week

• Like Like x 2
  7. Spectrum_Heat

Spectrum_Heat New Member
    Beta

Not sure where I would stand on this issue, but I would have to side with Aventon for several reasons, This Will give players a better advantage at getting corner claims for some time, as well as provide an equal experience for ALL players. Not just the experienced

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Wuta

Wuta Member
    Beta

For all the people who actually have a corner rn has already started making a good base and stuff, it would be dumb to expand it because then the people who put time into the base has to move everything or make a lot more walls on the other side of the base

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Spectrum_Heat

Spectrum_Heat New Member
    Beta

Aventon gave each player 100 power, thats plenty to expand claims, 10 players=1000 power, 1000 power= plenty of claims

10. Wuta

Wuta Member
    Beta

Yea but people already trenched, genes walls, and did there base design

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. chards

chards Member

its an interesting idea, i'd be fine with it if the border was set at something.

12. FightMeSkid

FightMeSkid New Member

What is the third weeks prizes?