Announcement I'm back?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aventon, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Aventon

Aventon Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hey everyone!!!

Many of you guys may know that I've been offline for around a week. I'm not going to bullshit anyone and say something happened in my life that needed my immediate attention. Here's the reason why:

I just needed a break.

Yes, I needed a break from minecraft and the community as a whole. I needed a break at possibly the worse timing (in the start of the season). Obviously, our release didn't go too well, our player base has been significantly lower, and I've been a laughing stock by many players.

Where are we heading to?
    It doesn't mean that I'm quitting IntenseRaids. I've promised I'll never give up on this community and I'm sticking with it. I just needed time to figure out where I wanted to take this server. Whether to grow slowly, or risk over-expansion by making it a full blown professional network.

I'm still kind of iffy on where I want IntenseRaids to go, but I'll learn along the way. Give me a few more hours to settle into the scene, and I'll reply to everyone's Discord messages.

Glad to be back.

Things that I'm aware of:

1. Blackmarket not being added.
    2. Creepers not working.
    3. FTOP Prizes.
    4. FTOP being buggy.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Share

Share New Member
    Beta

Hey, real talk; Possibly an unpopular opinion but I think the implementation of a second factions server has just split the community & plausible competition. Of course the disbanding of certain factions haven't helped the player count either but they've only got themselves to blame. Also the re-reset... and sometimes the lack of communication between you & your staff is evident.

Especially when you're absent the staff get bombarded with issues and they're left between a rock and a hard place until you reappear. Don't take this the wrong way, sometimes you're on an issue immediately but other times we're all sat waiting twiddling our thumbs for days on end. The inconsistency can be mistaken as unprofessionalism and players can be turned off by this. Yes it's just Minecraft but factions are investing countless hours of time & effort into this server so they want to feel a level of reliability & consistency. Particularly if they're spending $$$ on buycraft to support said server. If a break is required then leave somebody with a good head on their shoulders incharge with access to the necessary stuff. Players would understand and not feel completely deserted, plus it would reduce the strain on your staff somewhat.

In hindsight, perhaps for now, the players should've been kept together on 1 map so the concentration of bases to raid, players to fight & all round opposition is higher. IntenseRaids doesn't have the numbers to dilute it's player base between multiple factions servers quite yet - although there's so many alternative ways to expanding the network without hurting the current bubble of players you hold while still attracting fresh faces. Skyblock is relatively low maintenance and highly popular these days. It's inevitable some of those skyblock players will check out factions and stick around.

Side note - Enhance voting! Give it a fresh revamp. It doesn't cost you any real $$$ and it's how myself & many others initially stumbled across IntenseRaids. For example:
    • Can only access the black market if you've voted
    • Voting gives you an McMMO boost for 24 hours
    • Buff VoteParty crate rewards.
    • Every VoteParty 2 lucky individuals receive an Intense Key V2 and it's announced in chat
    • Crops & grinder loot is sold with a 20% bonus if you've voted
    ...Just encourage the shit out of it basically. I hope we can all agree this server has the potential to be something huge. Aventon, please don't take my constructive criticism the wrong way but I hope it's more helpful than "LOL DEAD SERVER REEEEEE".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. birdnoises

birdnoises New Member

This whole post was beautifully put. Big shoutout to you for spending the time to write this. It's reassuring to know that besides the staff team members, there are other players that care. +1 my friend.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Snap

Snap Mod
    Mod

Share I couldn't agree more with what you said here. Something warming about your post with what you said about the staff team being stuck at times, I am glad that there is atleast one person that understands.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DHSVarsity

DHSVarsity Member

I really love you for this post, and I think your ideas about enhancing voting are brilliant and I would love to see some of those ideas added. Thank you so much for these suggestions and I hope Aventon will take some of them into consideration.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spectrum_Heat

Spectrum_Heat New Member
    Beta

This is an absolutely Amazing thread! Shouts to you Share +1