Announcement Season 8 | What you've been waiting for..

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aventon, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Aventon

Aventon Owner
    Staff Member Owner

RELEASE DATE : DECEMBER 2ND : 1:00PM EST

Before you read
    :
    Here is the post you've all been waiting for.. Season 8. Yes, Season 7 has been trash and it's been 100% my fault. I'm still glad to see people are still rooting for IntenseRaids and there's still players online.

As many of you guys know, I took a break. I'm not going to get too much into detail, but I was basically just getting too much stress from Minecraft after failing this community for Season 7. After 3-4 weeks, my head is now cleared and I have a clear vision for IntenseRaids.

People have been saying "server is dead", "Aventon quit" , "He's selling the server.". Well, guess what, I'm here for the IntenseRaids as long as there are still players, no matter how little.

I've renewed our server machine for 1 year (30% off every month because of black friday). That means IntenseRaids will be around for another year whether you like it or not.

(HERBERGEMENT OVH INC is the hosting company)
    [​IMG]

Introduction:
    Season 7 is ending and Season 8 is coming! This season, I will not rush any new features for the reset. I know that December is the month that everyone loves playing Minecraft due to days off of school and Christmas!

Our Release Date: December 2nd 1:00PM EST

As you know, our player base is in shambles right now (we have 30 players if we get lucky). Every release gets around 100 players, but I am definitely not expecting that many players this release. My plan for IntenseRaids is to release with a brand new season and get sorted out with all the glitches and bugs. Once we have a stable server again with no crazy game-breaking bugs, I will start rolling out the advertisements. If you stick with us, you'll see how our player base will rise again.

Slowly, but surely.

How Season 8 is Unique:
    FTOP PRIZE
    Problem: People wait weeks and weeks after a season ends to get their FTOP prize (100% my fault as well, but server expenses and advertisements come first). Also, a lot of people claim we don't pay our FTOP prize because I did not pay out last season due to a disruptive faction.

Answer: We will be doing WEEKLY FTOP payouts. Basically, any faction that is within the 3 factions top on 6PM SUNDAY(this might change) of every week will be paid $50 CASH (2nd place: 25 buycraft 3rd place: 10 buycraft). Every FTOP payout receipt will be posted into a post so you know we will pay out FTOP.

THAT MEANS $200 WILL BE PAID OUT EVERY MONTH IN FTOP.

Events

Problem: Apart from all our custom plugins, we will be doing more than that. Supply crates, KoTH, and Outposts are all plugins that help the server run automatic events. Usually these events get played out and boring as the season goes on.

Answer: We will be hosting pvp events every weekend. Yes, every single fucking weekend. PVP tournaments, base raiding, scavenger hunts, and basically anything you guys recommend on the forums, I'll do it.

Economy

I thank a huge portion of this to @Share.
    [​IMG]
    Problem: Every new season I try to add more and more pvp events to encourage raiding, pvping, and getting out of your base. It seems to work for the first few weeks until the events get boring. I just noticed that people will stop going to pvp because either the loot isn't worth it anymore or they make WAY more money off of automatic farms.

Answer: Nerfing automatic farms, adding more exclusive loot to pvp events. Making the server more pvp based than just sitting on a block with 500 spawners near you.

Cannon Server
    Problem: The issue that many people have are using schematic to paste in a cannon, spending a bunch of TNT and then finding out the cannon doesn't work at all.

Answer: Every server has different TNT mechanics. We have patches + plugins that fully fix cannons on our server, but many of the schematics that people download are meant for other faction servers with different mechanics. Instead of making them waste tnt, money, and time, we will include a cannoning server to our network.

Conclusion:
    Thank you guys so much for still staying on IntenseRaids even though it's gone to shit. This long break that I've taken has cleared up my mind and shows that I still want to work hard for this community. I sometimes take for granted how lucky I am to be an Owner of such a wonderful server.

We'll make IntenseRaids into one of the best faction networks you'll ever lay your eyes on.

Time will tell.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Snap

Snap Mod
    Mod

Time to make this server shine again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Vangrollioli

Vangrollioli Member

#2ndHype

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. DHSVarsity

DHSVarsity Member

Very excited for the new season, I know that the staff team is ready to work hard on this season :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Flame

Flame New Member
    Beta

not with you as staff it wont

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  6. Snap

Snap Mod
    Mod

Who are you?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Hexxferret

Hexxferret Member
    Beta

well i'll be retracting those paypal disputes, see you in season 8 babes

Make
    Intense
    Raids
    Great
    Again

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #7 Hexxferret, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  8. TheHairyPenguin

Helper

Plenty hype ;)

#1. Flame, how about you be quiet <3
    #2. Season 8 will be a grind, I'll try to be active this season :)

See you guys on release!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Share

Share New Member
    Beta

Exciting stuff :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Phuzzie

Phuzzie New Member
    Beta

I'm excited! Aventon's always been honest with the player base and as long as he's dedicated then we should be too. Can't wait to see where we go from here.

11. Phuzzie

Phuzzie New Member
    Beta

As the server increases, there are a few concerns I think we'll all come to see might arise -
    1. with weekly PvP events, will this be plugin-based or would it be ran by you/staff? I imagine a PvP tournament would require a lot of oversight towards fair equipment, no extras brought in, no hacks etc.
    2. Following up on that, how do you plan to handle the staff situation if the server rapidly increases? If all of a sudden we rack up a solid amount (which I'm sure we will), would it possibly be a good idea to open applications and have a few people in mind you could contact for positions if needed without actually hiring anyone yet?
    3. How do we keep the playerbase intact? Surely, the weekly events and payouts will attract a lot of players, but to make them stay we might need a monthly or bi-weekly "big bang" kind of thing - I'll post suggestion in a separate post.
    4. Lastly, it might be interesting to ban concepts such as afk pools or droppers in some situations to help ensure automatic farming is at a minuscule level.

We appreciate your dedication and commitment Aventon, and we can't wait to see this work again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snap

Snap Mod
    Mod

As from past PVP Events, we normally run them (the staff team) and we go through checks before hand, we can also check invs to make sure players are not taking in banned items/rule breaking things.

As for the whatever staff situation you are talking about, as of now we have a staff team of 5 people ranging regions, we hopefully wouldnt run into any bumps, with this said there will be staff applications as well as people being called out to come into a much quicker application process, this will most likely be lead by me or Aventon.

Auto farms, we are talking about the afk cactus/sugarcane ext we cant exactly stop droppers as thats how factions is ran as an economy, removing all forms of auto farms will probably kill the server as we know it.

I like your ideas but some just wont work. :)

13. Phuzzie

Phuzzie New Member
    Beta

I see, yeah the removal of droppers/hoppers might pose an issue. Maybe a buffer of a certain amount in a claim? I dunno. Appreciate the feedback though!

14. Snap

Snap Mod
    Mod

We tried a 150 Spawner per chunk, but it didnt seem to go down well haha, we may put a chunk limit on but we need to find a balance.

15. Hexxferret

Hexxferret Member
    Beta

20x20 buffer is le best with a 3x3 box :p
    and after practicing i can finally break 7 drywalls in 5 mins flat

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #15 Hexxferret, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  16. Demox

Demox New Member

I am very excited for the new season, but in order for IntenseRaids to be great again, there need to be multiple changes.
    I hope you can figure it out this time, Aventon. Can't wait for the release.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. DHSVarsity

DHSVarsity Member

There are staff apps currently open for IR, we have some requirements before people can apply but you can find the apps int the applications section of our forums page
    -WaddlingDucks

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Kizanakan

Kizanakan New Member

Hey! I cannot wait for this to come out! I have just gotten back into minecraft and have happend to see this IP inside my minecraft servers list! Hope everything runs smoothly!

19. originalchickens

originalchickens New Member
    Beta

what happened to december 2nd its the 5th and still not even a sight of it coming back up

• Like Like x 1
  20. birdnoises

birdnoises New Member

In order to work out a few kinks, the release has been moved to the 9th at 1pm EST.