Announcement The Future Of IntenseRaids

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aventon, Nov 20, 2017.

?

What should we do?

1. Option 1

2. Option 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Aventon

Aventon Owner
    Staff Member Owner

*FTOP WILL BE PAID OUT TOMORROW*

I'm selling it... YAA YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. That's what all the haters would love to hear, but ya boi is not selling it.

Like many people, I needed a break. I mean a vacation. Minecraft was getting too stressful and was taking a huge toll on my daily life. I've been operating this server alone for 1 year straight and doing the same tasks every single day for hours and hours.

I'm not going to lie, I was really going to quit Minecraft, forever. There's so much to life than just sitting at home every single day and spending hours replying to people, fixing bugs, and improving the server. For the past few weeks, I tried something different with my life by vlogging it and doing new things. You can see my vlog channel here.

But, when I saw that people were still donating, messaging me on discord, posting new forums, and still playing on the server, I couldn't just leave you guys. No matter how small our community has gotten, I've said several times that I won't quit on IntenseRaids until it's for the best.

I've thought long and hard for the past few days. What should I do with IntenseRaids? Should I continue the season? Should I reset in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Should I eat a bigmac?

I want to let you guys decide. Just for a warning, if you're here to stay, we're not going to blow up any time soon. We won't have the 100 players we used to have in a few days, it'll take a few months. If you're here for the ride, I promise it'll be worth it at the end.

(Please remember that a lot of people are saying the economy is already fucked due to bugs and dupes)

POLL
    ===============================================================================
    Option 1
    :
    Continue with the same season with messed up economy, provide updates, very slowly gain back a good playerbase.

Pros:
    1. Easy to budget and not a lot of money needs to be spent.
    2. All bases, items, factions will be the same.
    3. Another month left to the season.
    4. Low risk

Cons:
    1. Fucked up economy for the rest of the season
    2. Very slow way to gain more players (we might be stuck at 30 for a while)
    3. Slow donations and advancement

Option 2:
    Start a fresh season with a new map, better advertisement ($3000+), fixed plugins, and some youtubers. Pay out season 7 FTOP either $150 cash or buycraft (haven't decided yet)

Pros:
    1. New economy that should last a very long time
    2. Higher player base count for more competition and raiding
    3. Will make it in time for Thanksgiving break and Christmas break

Cons:
    1. Very high risk of failure
    2. Loss of bases, items, factions
    3. Will take a toll on our server budget and my bank account (yes I actually fund the server using my own money when in need) for youtubers and advertisement sites.
    ============================================================================

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Aventon, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  2. Snap

Snap Mod
    Mod

Glad you're back, have missed you.

Option 2!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Demox

Demox New Member

Cool and good.
    I'm voting for uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh option 2 and a 2l coke.
    also unban me please ign: DemoxHD

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. DHSVarsity

DHSVarsity Member

Voting for option 2! we need a fresh start

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Wuta

Wuta Member
    Beta

After this restart (hinting toward option 2) you better be active ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. pie_eat

pie_eat New Member
    Beta

I understand why people want option 2 but guys we should wait a bit so Aventon can recover. He needs to get some donation money for the server. It just isnt safe he could lose everything if he restarts now but instead he can wait a bit, get some more money and people and just restart by christmas. Then everyone will be happy for the restart.

• Like Like x 1
  7. pie_eat

pie_eat New Member
    Beta

And Aventon eat the big mac you deserve it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Donnielloyd11

Donnielloyd11 New Member

Voted for Option 2! Thanks Aventon for update was worried no more big macs were being eaten by the master.

9. Share

Share New Member
    Beta

Option 2 definitely! Best way to revive the server... as long as it isn't a deja vu of the ongoing season. In my opinion, implementing a bunch of new features isn't necessarily the answer but instead, why not tweak what you're currently working with to enhance the core aspects of factions everybody here has grown to love.

Add /Warp Plains: Safezoned platform surrounded by 7 chunks of warzone. Develop an environment that breeds PvP & actively endorse players to build traps. Some of my fondest memories in factions are the shenanigans produced from back and forth factions fights in trap battles; Cannoning a trap you died in the previous day as revenge. Creeper egging your trapped friends to freedom. No fucks given jumping in an enemy trap, clutching a kill and making it out alive. It's all bragging rights and even encourages solo players to join in on the fun. The current state of PvP on IntenseRaids is basically non existent when an automated event isn't active.

Potions: Remove witch spawners all together, add insta health 2 splash pots & make all potions in /shop dirt cheap, I'm talking like $10 each. There wouldn't be any notable impact on the economy... only additional PvPers and more action. I seriously can't see any downside to this.

Envoys: Have PvP events enabled from day 1 - Envoy drops are the most helpful at the start of a map when everybody is dirt poor. Envoys offer a universally welcomed break from base work and economy grinding. Plus, buff armour drops from Envoys! Prot 1, Prot 2 and the occasional Prot 3 piece? Nah fam, make these drops Prot 3 and some Prot 4. The circulation of P4 on IntenseRaids is surprisingly scarce. Whenever I find a fight it's against a guy rocking p2. You can't have the playerbase slumming on armour and wonder why nobody is PvPing. Cheaper potions + easier accessibility to sets would only produce a better player experience. I'm indifferent whether KoTHs should be enabled day 1.

Economy: As much as I love myself a huge cactus farm, you should discourage the use of automatic farms and reward manual money making methods. Buff blaze rods, sugarcane and nerf cactus. Add KoTH lootings for blaze grinding and make harvester hoes worth purchasing. Equally, you should increase the hoppers /shop price, particularly with stacked spawners, factions are now building smaller grinders. Automated income is an end goal for all factions and should be rewarded only for hard work. You need to prolong the map's economy life cycle because right now anybody could join the sever > print in a cactus farm > buy IG spawners. You need to add more steps to achieving an economy goal. Join the server > build sugarcane farm > buy blaze spawners > win KoTH for KoTH Looting sword > grind blaze for hopper floor money > start purchasing higher tier spawners from the black market etc.

Corners: Allow each faction to have only 1 corner claim, I mean the overworld and end collectively. Let's be honest, us factions only really need the 1 corner. Otherwise corners are left claimed but unoccupied or used as farms the entire map... that's pretty unfair. For example, last reset a few decent sized factions wanted to play, didn't even get a corner and had to settle for a 3 sided base. It's incredibly demotivating knowing you'll have to do much more base work all because XxMineManPvPG0d123xX wanted a second corner for his farm. 8 corners for 8 different factions.

Wipe bans (apart from a select few exceptions).
    Only have 1 OutPost. 2 is unnecessary and splits the conflict.
    Revamp voting like I had suggested previously.
    Public xp mob grinder in spawn for fresh players.

I've got a bunch more suggestions but I have to go! May post more later when I'm procrastinating from actual work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Glad to see you're back, Aventon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TheMinerFromCoD

TheMinerFromCoD New Member
    Beta

Can I still be a lawyer for option 2?

11. Snap

Snap Mod
    Mod

indeed

12. CreatorSimon

CreatorSimon New Member

You already restarted, for a lot of the same reasons, so (just my opinion) I don't think you should restart. It's just going to destroy everything our factions has created and probably won't solve much.

• Useful Useful x 1